Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Daughter

I have a daughter. This makes me cry just saying it in these first days. A sweet, squirmy, yawning, crying in a high pitched sound that her brother has never in his life made, little girl. Norah Lynn was born in the early hours of November 30th, last wednesday. We had a home birth this time around and that deserves a blog all it’s own for the gift it was to us. We put James to bed tuesday night and when he awoke in the morning, there was a new sister to meet. What a miracle!

I am still searching for the right words and ways to say things so for now I will just let it be known that she is here, that all is well, and that God has been so gracious to us to give us such a beautiful baby in such a beautiful way. Over and over in these past few days my heart has exclaimed, “My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior...” (Luke 1:46-47)

Thank you for your prayers and words of congratulations, we feel very loved and surrounded in this season, another enormous gift.

2 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

Sharing in your excitement!! Congrats... can't wait to meet her.

Amy (ArtsyBookishGal) said...

Congratulations, Alli! Right now, I'm listening to your Christmas album, and thinking about you. I'll keep praying for your little family. Thanks for the music...and for sharing your life with us!