Thursday, December 11, 2008

22 Weeks

I'm not one to post on this sort of thing, but I couldn't let this one go because I myself, am 22 weeks pregnant this week.

There is a movie out called "22 Weeks" about a mother who went in to an abortion clinic at 22 weeks pregnant and ended up giving birth to her live child in the bathroom by herself, with workers refusing to help her keep him alive. No matter your stance on abortion, this is a story that needs to be told and I'm anxious to see it. Watch the trailer here, and read the article they refer to here.

from their myspace page:
"A film about decisions, their effects and the echos they leave behind. Based on the shocking World Net Daily article by Ron Strom, on victim's testimonies, and real 911 calls about one of the most controversial subjects of our time, "22weeks" achieves to confront both sides of the spectrum and their perspective to the on going question: "what would you do?"
This is the shocking true story about the reality behind abortion and the heroic struggle of a mother willing to do anything to save her child."

2 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks for posting this Alli. I watched the trailer, and I think the movie will be hard, but so necessary.

Anonymous said...

Alli, thanks for posting this. It takes courage to confront this issue and we need it badly. I'm proud of you.
Your Dad