Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Alli’s Wayward Wednesday

(In which my mind wanders and I find some random bits of information that I found interesting and hopefully you will too.)

1. Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this year on Groundhog Day. It’s snowing in Nashville, so maybe I was wrong with my flowers and there really are 6 more weeks of winter. Well, technically, Groundhog Day is Feb. 2nd so now we only have 2 ½ weeks left.

2. Most soda company’s originally used extracts from the kola nut in their drinks, which is native to Africa. I never knew there was an actual kola nut! Did you? Today most of them use artificial flavorings instead. Coca-Cola used to actually use cocaine in their soda as well, until it was outlawed in the late 19th century. Cocaine-Kola nut. Coca-Cola.

3. My dog can play the piano. See for yourself.


4. Today is John Steinbeck’s birthday. (1902-1968) So in honor of him I’ll end with a quote of his that makes me smile:

“I hate cameras. They are so much more sure than I am about everything.”

2 comments:

luke said...

steinbeck's birthday huh? i actually just finished east of eden yesterday. i really enjoy that quote.

i hope it's not weird to have a random person comment on your blog--i'm luke, and i heard you play in okc awhile back and just really have appreciated your music so much.

well, nice to meet you (cybernetically).

Alli Rogers said...

Hey luke, i love it, isn't that what blogging is about? acutally i'm still figuring out what blogging is about....

nice to meet you as well!