Monday, July 7, 2008

Remind me... (Soul-Audio #4)

What's lost is nothing to what's found, and all the death that ever was, set next to life, would scarcely fill a cup.
-Frederick Buechner, From Godric

I have been mulling over this quote by Frederick Buechner lately. Frederick says he would like to have it on his gravestone. I think I would like to have it tatood on my hand or something, for how often I need to be reminded of the truth that love will prevail.

I wrote more about this in my new Soul-Audio blog called Memory Tricks. Read it here.

3 comments:

luke said...

that is a great quote. i feel like i can never get enough of the truth that man has to offer. him and nouwen--water to the soul.

i just wanted to say a little thank you actually for your last album, the day of small things. i keep learning these amazing lessons from God of late and they connect to so many of the songs from that album. your art has greatly enriched my faith and my heart. so thank you again. just wanted you to know.

Dan said...

That quote is in Andrew Peterson's "Lay Me Down." If you haven't heard it, you need to! I had no idea it was a Buechner quote. Is that plagiarism?

Anonymous said...

What is Soul Audio? Please, educate me.