Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Back to 50 degree weather...

Well, here is the official update:

We got the CD’s just in time and left Friday afternoon, but we had to stop in Illinois Friday night because of a snowstorm. It was pretty bad but luckily we found a hotel that took animals and finished the drive Saturday morning.

The show was so much fun, thanks again for everyone who came! I really enjoyed playing some new songs and can’t wait to hear what people think of the record.

Oso did AMAZING! I’ve come full circle from feeling like I made a mistake in taking him in, to wondering how I ever lived without him. And trust me, I never thought I would say that about a dog. I really didn’t think I would be one of those people who use a baby voice when talking to a dog. Or has conversations with their animal as if they understood what we are saying. But I am doing those things! Who knew I had it in me. Old allergenic me. A dog person. I’ll use this moment to endorse allergy shots, which have changed my life- no joke. I might even go horseback riding one of these days… to really test it out. I think I’ll avoid cats though, thanks to too many attempted sleepovers gone bad because I thought I could fight through the allergy storm.

Anyway, although Oso had a whole back seat to himself, he spent most of his time laying on the armrest in-between the front two seats, as close to us as possible. He came far enough up a couple times that he hit the gearshift in to neutral. Crazy dog.

1 comment:

jer said...

That is a great looking dog! Hope you are doing well Alli.

Jer Monteith