Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Photo's at the Library

Today I spent some time at one of my favorite places in town, the downtown library. There is an exhibit up of local civil rights photographs taken by Howard Lowe in the 60's. It was unnerving to see photos of the ground I had just walked on minutes prior decorated with such different scenes than what I saw with my eyes today. So much violence and hate, on these streets. And less than 50 years ago. It's hard to believe.

These aren't very good pictures cause I was trying to be discrete, since I don't know that it's entirely cool to take photos of photos in an exhibit. But here are a couple to give you an idea.




Nonviolence means avoiding not only external physical violence but also internal violence of spirit. You not only refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to hate him. -Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: