Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ludovico Einaudi

So my friend, Cal, turned me on to this Italian composer/pianist named Ludovico Einaudi. I am LOVING his music.

Even though most of my days are filled with lyrics and melody, I still crave music when I wake up and when I'm winding down at night. My problem is that if a lyric gets stuck in my head before I go to sleep I will wake up in the middle of the night still singing it...and again in the morning...still singing it. It's quite annoying. But I think I've found a solution, classical music.

Billy Joel (who I love) put out a classical record that I listen to sometimes, and I've been trying out some more dynamic symphonies and things. But my favorites tend to be the composers that often get labeled as Minimalist composers. Einaudi is one of these people, although his stuff is more melodic than what is normally in that classification. I'm learning...

All that to say, I'm really enjoying it. You should check out his music. Thanks Cal!

Any other recommendations out there?

3 comments:

Nelson from Garland, Texas said...

I have a suggestion. If you don't have George Winston's "December", go out and buy it today. Pick up Liz Story's "Solid Colors" while you are there -- you may have to buy that one online. They are both piano solo CDs, and are both breathtaking. Thanks for asking.

Anonymous said...

hurrah! i'm so glad you love him! agreed - he fits a spot that's in need of a sound.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming to lead worship at Bighouse! It was awesome to have you at the senior recognition!