Monday, April 21, 2008

Update on Oso

Well, our little dog is getting less little every day. He is almost 5 months old and 42 lbs. We recently discovered that he loves the water! My husband and I also love the water so this fact is really fun for us. Here is a picture of Oso after he ran up and down a creek at Radnor State Park... while I watched and laughed nervously, hoping none of the people walking by would think I was crazy for letting my dog loose in a creek. It had just rained so he could almost lay down and be fully emerged, but running and splashing seemed to suite him better. Here is a picture of Oso on our way home. He was tired. :)

2 comments:

Nelson from Garland, Texas said...

That's cute. Oso looks exhausted. Ready for a nap. Like me, after the earthquake kept me up last Friday when I was in Chicago.

I grew up near Oso Bay in Corpus Christi, Texas. Here's an appropriate (for your Oso) description I found:

"Oso Bay is an enclosed, shallow body of water situated along the southern shore of Corpus Christi Bay, with a surface area of approximately seven square miles. The bay receives fresh water from Oso Creek, a stream whose flow is dominated by permitted discharges, and exchanges salt water with Corpus Christi Bay. Ecologically, Oso Bay provides habitat for many plants and animals, and plays an influential role in water purification and storm protection."

http://www.tceq.state.tx.us/implementation/water/tmdl/24-osobayoxygen.html

Anonymous said...

Awwww, I miss him!!! He was only 38 pounds when we were just there!!

Love, mom